5 Survival Tips: Large Family Edition

Having siblings can be daunting enough for any 17 year old. I mean, come on, younger – and older siblings maybe even more so – are very annoying when there is just one of them. But I, my dear readers, live with four younger siblings.

So, how have I lived this long? I hear you ask. Here are 5 handy tips to ensure you stay alive.

1. Love from a distance.

You never want to get too attached. That’s when one gets hurt the most. Yes, family can hurt you.

2. Guard yourself at all times. Even the sweetest ‘Momma Bear’ has a vicious side.

I think it’s safe to say that scientists will never be able to pin-point what it is exactly that ticks a mother off. Especially when she’s pissed at her own child. For no given, or obvious reason.

3. Never make your elder feel less of a ‘man’ – or woman – than they are… Than they think they are. They don’t tend to like being dragged back to Earth.

Yup, it’s fair to say that elder brothers and/or sisters sometimes think they’re gods. But that’s ok, let them think that. As long as it keeps them from striking unwanted conversation with you.

4. Always share everything you have.

Word on the street is, if you don’t share every single possession you have with your family, you suddenly hold a deep malice towards them. So share, and you’ll survive.

5. There’s no such thing as ‘compromise’ in the family habitat.

What ever your superiors say goes. That’s it. Never back-chat… Is what they want you to believe. But no, (referring back to tip #2) guard yourself, especially when being attacked by the rest of the herd. (Would a lion not do the same thing?)

As long as you follow these tips, my friends, you’ll survive. I have.

Barely.

Advertisements

7 thoughts on “5 Survival Tips: Large Family Edition

    • Haha. It can be hard work 75% of the time. But the other 25% can be very nice. You know, the birthdays, watching them grow up etc. But overall, a stressful life lool. I’m glad you enjoyed this!

    • YEP! That’s exactly what we get! It’s a shame, but it is what it is haha. This is why I am so opposed to large immediate family lol. There’s always one that gets lost in the middle: (i.e., me) haha.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s